What Is Tithing?
A tithe—which just means “tenth”—is defined as the first 10% of a person’s income that is to be given back to the local church. Tithing is a principle that is taught throughout the entire Bible. When we tithe, we are expressing worship in a tangible way by putting God first in our lives.
For many, the idea of bringing the first 10% of our income to the Church seems overwhelming. The thing is, it doesn’t matter how much or how little we make, God promises to pour out blessings on us when we tithe. Tithing is about training our heart to trust God at His Word.
We know generosity is a huge step of obedience, but you’re not in this alone! We want to know you’re taking your next step in generosity by bringing your full tithe to the church with The 90–Day Tithing Challenge.
How Much is Your Tithe?
Enter the amount you were paid before taxes.
90-Day Tithe Challenge
- I would like to test God’s faithfulness by accepting the 90-Day Tithe Challenge. I agree for the three-month period, my household will contribute a tithe equal to 10% of our income. At the end of the 90-day period, if I am not convinced of God’s faithfulness to bless my life as a result of my obedience to His Word, then I will be entitled to request a refund of the full amount of contributions made during that 90-day period.
- I understand this form must be completed and received by Element Church prior to the beginning of the 90-Day Tithe Challenge Period.
- My household qualifies for participation because we have not been tithing for the last six months.
- I understand I cannot seek a refund prior to the end of the 90-day period, or for any contributions made prior to the 90-Day Tithe Challenge Period.
- I understand any request for refund must be received within 30 days of the end of the 90-day period.
- I understand my tithe must be paid by check, online, or, if cash, with a completed offering envelope, so that my tithe can be properly credited.